Business works best when business matters are conducted transparently, fairly, ethically, and in accordance with all applicable laws. This page outlines my ethics disclosures and anti-corruption policy.
LAST UPDATED: 30 January 2023
- I maintain passive investments in index funds and various individual stocks, and I do not have any executive authority in any of these companies or in the portfolio companies of the index funds.
- I am the Chairman and am a minority shareholder of Aswanet Rwanda, Ltd., an inactive privately held company based in Kigali, Rwanda.
- I serve as the Chair of Industry and Alumni Relations for the Grand Challenges Scholars Program (GCSP). In this role, I am responsible for coordinating activities across the GCSP network related to these two areas. I act in an executive capacity for the central network office, but I do not maintain any formal relationship with any of the universities in the GSCP network.
I have a zero tolerance policy for corruption. I will not engage in or tolerate any of the below activities, even if the conduct is prevalent in a country where I am working:
- Failing to disclose a true or potential conflict of interest to appropriate stakeholders
- Misappropriation of cash or company resources
- Falsification of expense reports
- Improper bidding procedures, including the offering of benefits (financial or otherwise) to procurement officials or their families in exchange for favored treatment
- Engaging in bribery, illegal gifts, or kickbacks
- Other corrupt, inappropriate, or otherwise unethical conduct
I will not perform political activities on behalf of foreign governments or conduct any other activities that require registration under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).