Are you wondering:
- How can I gain more market share in the next 5 years?
- Which of these new markets should I enter first?
- Is my organization ready to expand into a new country?
I will help you answer questions like these by analyzing both the market opportunity and your team’s ability to execute. I’ve supported companies as they go-to-market in the US, Europe, and Africa, and my interdisciplinary focus will help you feel confident that you’re making the best decisions moving forward.
When we work together, I will:
- Analyze the qualitative and quantitative factors guiding your market entry decision and rank them in order of importance;
- Project future revenues and costs under different scenarios;
- Perform a gap analysis to help you understand your organization’s ability to operate in a new market;
- Prepare scorecards with different scenarios to help you make the best decision and communicate your decision with key stakeholders;
- Implement the go-to-market strategy by making initial contact with prospective customers and partners.
Venture Studio (Confidential) – Technical Cost Estimate and Go-To-Market Strategy
Challenge: A venture studio was exploring investing in an early-stage energy storage technology and needed to understand if it could be viable at commercial scale.
My Impact: They hired me to perform a technical cost estimate and to identify ideal market segments for the technology.
- First, I analyzed the technical documents and produced a Bill of Materials with cost estimates at the current state and at scale.
- Then I analyzed the different industry segments where the technology could be applicable and explored the market conditions in the top 20 most promising countries for the technology.
- Finally, I prioritized the various segments and countries and made recommendations to the client regarding the ideal market entry points.
Results: My client was able to make a confident decision about investing in the technology.
Software Company (Confidental), USA – TAM Analysis
Challenge: A SaaS company was struggling in their main sales channel and needed to identify alternative markets for their software.
My Impact: They hired me to conduct a Total Addressable Market study and to report their findings.
- First, I did research to understand the general industry landscape and the key players
- Then I segmented the various opportunities into buckets and calculated the number of feasible customers in each group.
- Finally, I prioritized the various segments and made recommendations to the client.
Results: My client was able to make more confident decisions and negotiate better commercial terms as they continued to develop and commercialize their software.
Sustainable Technology Company (Confidential), Sweden – Go-To-Market Study and Preliminary Sales Activities
Challenge: A cleantech corporation had developed interesting energy-saving technology and hired me to help them expand into the US.
My Impact: My task was to create an effective market entry plan that the company could use to expand quickly.
- I started by performing extensive research into the quantitative and qualitative aspects of doing business in the US.
- I calculated the number of feasible target accounts, I performed techno-economic modeling using data from various sources, and I researched several other factors that would lead the company to success in certain geographies.
- After the market entry plan was complete, I made initial contact on their behalf with prospective clients and used those learnings to advise them on how to adjust their strategy.
Results: The company signed a three-year technology commercialization agreement and committed long-term to entering the United States.
GEOtest, a.s., Prague, Czech Republic – Expert Review of 800 MM EUR Smart Cities Platform Feasibility Study
Challenge: The European Investment Bank (EIB) was exploring the feasibility of investing 800 MM EUR into smart cities in the Czech Republic.
My Impact: I was hired by GEOtest, a project partner, to provide expert review for the report.
- First, I read the draft report and the supporting documentation to understand the context.
- Then, I wrote additional content and edited the existing content to clarify the messaging, prevent misunderstandings, and make the report easier to read.
- Finally, I participated in calls with the EIB to help explain our findings and suggest next steps.
Results: The EIB was able to plan next steps for the investment and do more detailed project planning based on our findings.
Delta-Simons Environmental Consultants, Lincoln, UK – New Service Feasibility Study
Challenge: Delta-Simons was considering launching a new service in the UK and hired me to assess its viability.
My Impact: I was tasked with conducting a market entry study.
- First, I did research into the competition in the UK to understand if they were offering anything similar.
- Next, I spoofed my computer’s location to the UK and did research as if I were over there to understand what customers would see when searching for the service.
- Finally, I explored Delta-Simons’ own ability to offer the service, and after combining those I made a recommendation.
Results: Delta-Simons was able to move forward with confidence and their leadership felt more comfortable with their mix of service offerings.
Rural Agency for Sustainable Development, Nkokonjeru, Uganda – Community Assessment and Technology Analysis
Challenge: The Rural Agency for Sustainable Development was exploring the introduction of new water technologies in rural Uganda and engaged me to help them understand if the projects would be financially viable.
My Impact: I was tasked with performing a community survey.
- First, I hired several local university students to serve as interpreters and survey data collectors.
- Then, I designed a survey that examined current community water usage and willingness to pay for better service.
- Finally, I tabulated these results and presented them clearly to the Agency’s management.
Results: RASD was able to effectively assess which technologies were culturally and financially appropriate to implement moving forward.